Frewer Engineering has completed a variety of projects involving small and large satellites for a range of customers in the space industry.
Launch simulation of carbon structures located in a rocket head to ensure critical operation in space, working in severe acoustic vibration environment with serious fatigue threats. This analysis benefited from our knowledge of composite materials and manufacturing techniques involved, designing the material from scratch. This work allowed the end customer to develop design methods for very large satellite solar arrays to meet the demand of new markets e.g. the latest GPS network satellites.
Our capabilities within the satellite industry include:
- Lightweight structures engineering consultancy
- NASTRAN Finite Element Analysis of structures
- Composite materials design & structural analysis
- Antenna Structures
- Carbon fiber composite structural analysis
- Advanced Vibration analysis (Random Vibration, shock, acoustic etc.)
- Honeycomb fatigue analysis
- Mechanical equipment
- Lightweight mechanical assembly design
- Thermal analysis
- Integration equipment
- Design of satellite build stations
- Design of satellite handling equipment
- Bespoke satellite test structures
Click here for a more detailed list of our design capabilities.
Click here for a more detailed list of our analysis capabilities.