Frewer Engineering provides an engineering consultancy to a wide range of green energy customers who operate in the areas of clean energy production.
We performed structural analysis on a new concept of ducted wind turbine for power generation. Technically challenging with extremely complex aero loading and operating to tight time constraints, this demanded intricate load mapping to finite element models. As a direct consequence, our client was able to identify a manufacturing technique with 40% cost savings.
Our expertise and skills gained in the Aerospace, Composite and Gas Turbine industries naturally crossover into renewable energy projects, in particular new Offshore Wind developments, as well as Onshore Wind and Wave & Tidal Energy.
- Wind turbine structures design
- Composite structures
- Structural analysis of turbine blades
- Finite element analysis of very large scale structures
- Mechanical design consultancy
- Fuel Cell equipment design
- Bespoke pressure vessel design
- Non linear thermal analysis of structures
- Design of research equipment
- Waste disposal equipment design
- Design of special purpose process plant
- Design of very high temperature vessels for process plant
- Thermal analysis of structures
- Bio Industry equipment design
- Specialised pressure vessel design in (plastics and metallic)
- Mechanical engineering consultancy
- Design of exothermic reaction process plant systems
for our regular updates on the world of Renewables engineering design and analysis.